Become a member
What do we do for New Zealand
Our members want to belong to an organisation that delivers robust policy analysis and independent ideas.
Our members appreciate us asking the right questions and creating debates even if they do not always completely agree with our recommendations.
Our members are proud to be a part of New Zealand’s premier think tank.
The New Zealand Initiative is a business organisation. It is not an organisation to promote business interests. Its only goal is to create a better country for all New Zealanders.
The New Zealand Initiative is the place where New Zealand’s business leaders come together to make their contribution to a better future for their country.
What the Initiative does for its members
If you are considering joining the Initiative, this is what you can expect from your membership. You will:
- contribute to political debates in our country.
- be able to feed your ideas into our research projects.
- read the Initiative’s reports before anyone else does.
- receive exclusive updates on political developments from our executive director.
- have access to the Initiative’s team for advice.
- be able to source speakers from our team for your events.
- be invited to our bi-monthly exclusive events with leading politicians.
- participate in the Initiative’s annual members’ retreat, which is typically attended by the Prime Minister and the Leader of the Opposition.
- join a circle of like-minded chief executives and chairs of major New Zealand companies.
Show your commitment to New Zealand
There is no other organisation like The Initiative in New Zealand. We are non-partisan. We are evidence-based. We are credible.
And we are committed to making New Zealand a better country.