As a champion of education excellence, The New Zealand Initiative is proud to partner with researchED to bring the world’s most inspirational education festival to New Zealand.
If you are a teacher, school trustee, policymaker or parent, we invite you to join us for a day of myth-busting, questioning and debate about what and how we teach our children.
researchED is an international movement, which brings the education community together to discuss and debate the evidence about what works.
Date: Saturday 2nd June (the Queen’s birthday weekend), 9AM-4PM
Entrance is $40 for a whole day of learning and inspiration. The registration fee includes refreshments and lunch.
After a welcome and introduction, the day will be broken down into multiple break-out sessions, all delivered by passionate, evidence-informed teachers, school leaders, researchers and academics.
We have over 20 domestic and international speakers including:
- Katharine Birbalsingh, Headmistress of Michaela Community School, London
- Dr. Jennifer Buckingham, FIVE from FIVE Literacy Project, Sydney
- Sonya Clark and Taylor Hughson, TeachFirst NZ alumni teachers
- Tamsin Hanly, author of the Māori & Pākehā histories of Aotearoa curriculum programme
- Prof. Elizabeth Rata, Director of the Knowledge in Education Research Unit, Auckland University
Seats in the main theatre are limited, so register now to ensure you don’t miss out.